Saturday, December 31, 2011

Shake it off

Dear 2012,

I am very excited to greet you tonight, you have no idea.  Today I found myself thinking today about the things I would like to change over the next 365 days that we will spend together.  Yes, I have those pesky pounds I'd like to say goodbye to.  I would like to continue my goal of being more well-read, and I hope to kiss a large chunk of this student loan debt goodbye before the end of next year.  But more than that, I want to welcome you and those I encounter with you, with more grace.  The past several years I have been offered more grace than I could have ever earned (thus, making it grace, right?).  Grace so ridiculous that I can't wait to share it.    

2011 was exactly what I needed in a year.  It was comfortable, fairly easy, and at times a bit boring.  But I'm not disappointed in the time we spent together, not at all.  2010, if you recall, was a huge year that brought a hurricane of change into my life.  2011 was a perfect buffer.  Over the last twelve months I have reassembled myself, established some tangible goals, and created a crude road map to get me started. 

2012, I am ready for you.  Let's play.

All my love,
Stephanie 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbN0nX61rIs

No comments:

Post a Comment