Friday, February 17, 2012

I'd look Psychotic (in a balaclava)

So week one of working from home is now under my belt.  Five days of steady decline into slovenliness. 

I began the week by waking up at 7:30 with all intentions of developing a professional routine.  I showered.  I brushed my teeth.  I prepared a grown-up breakfast of cheerios and half a grapefruit.  I even put on shoes.  I met the arrangement with anticipation comparable to my first day of first grade.  The only thing missing was the lunch I packed for myself a week early.

I took the time to make sure my network connection was working properly (it wasn't), I verified that I had access to my e-mail (I didn't), and I made sure all of the necessary programs were uploaded onto my computer (they weren't).  I spent the first hour of work on Monday on the phone with tech support.  I spent the second hour of work on a conference call with 70 other representatives, listening to our trainer explain to one very confused individual out of DC how to save a website to her favorites (it was eventually discovered that this particular rep was in her e-mail browser and not a web browser). 

Cut to Friday, I rolled out of bed at 9:15, splashed some water on my face, changed out of the shirt I slept in (after some debate on whether or not it was necessary to do so), and settled in at my desk for another eight hours of training.  No shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment